Wherry Yacht Charter sailings and events
We try to have several opportunities each year for guests to join us on public sailings, as well as running fundraising events and taking our information stall to relevant local fairs and shows. To get early notice of events, become a Friend or join our mailing list.
Can you help us spread the word about our sailings and events? See our support page for printable posters.
Sit back and relax on a beautiful 100-year old wherry yacht as our experienced skipper and crew transport you down the river in style. Learn a little about the history of wherries and their importance for the Broads, and about the work of WYC. Complimentary hot & cold drinks served, own refreshments welcome. We are sorry but we are unable to accept dogs on board for public sailings. Return land transport included where necessary. Full details of parking, meeting points, transport etc. will be given on booking.
For all sailings, please book in advance unless stated otherwise. See our contact page for details.
- Mon 29th Sept - How Hill-Wroxham
- Day sailing, £35 per person. Our last public sailing of the year. As of 27 July: sold out, but any last minute cancellations will be advertised here.
- Mon 15th to Sun 28th September - Residential courses at How Hill, schools visits, and wherry on view
- Residential course: are you interested in learning more about wherries as well as experiencing some superb sailing? Our friends at How Hill are offering a very special break, Sunday 14th – Wednesday 17th September. The course includes two full sailing days: one upstream from How Hill House to Barton Broad and on to Wayford or Stalham, and the other downstream, under Ludham Bridge to St Benet's Abbey and onto South Walsham Broad. Three nights' full board, sailing sessions and evening talks are included, for only £330.00 per person. To book, or register interest for similar events in future, please call Sharon at How Hill on 01692 678555.
Public viewings: exact days and times TBC. Our wherry yacht will be moored at How Hill over this fortnight to offer schools' activities as well as the above How Hill courses. When not otherwise engaged, she will be on view to the public as much as possible. More details will be published as soon as they are confirmed.
- Sat 20th September - Friends' exclusive sailings and Annual Dinner
- We are pleased to offer Friends-only sailings on the afternoon of 20th September between How Hill and Ludham* for just £8. In the evening we will have our Annual Friends' Dinner at the excellent Wroxham Barns Restaurant, a private venue offering us a two-course meal and space for a review of the year's achievements. The cost is £15. Full details including a menu and booking form have been included in recent editions of our "Gaff Line" Friends' newsletter.
* Round trip if low numbers, otherwise organised as two one-way trips with passengers walking in the other direction (approx. 2mi). Transport can arranged for those not up to the walk!
- Sat 8th November - Friends' Quiz & Supper
- Our popular annual quiz will again take place at Wroxham Church Hall, and this year supper is offered as a traditional pork or vegetarian sausage casserole with crusty bread. Cost £7 per person. Booking is essential - for details, see the recent "Gaff Line" Friends' newsletter.
Teams of 6 or fewer. Please bring your own drinks (and glasses!) and snacks.
Want to sail with us?
Join our mailing list and be first to hear of opportunities.